75. Oaths of member, Law Officer and witness.-
(1) An oath or affirmation in the prescribed manner shall be administered to every member of a Coast Guard Court and to the Law Officer or, as the case may be, the officer approved under section 73, before the commencement of the trial.
(2) 1[Every person] giving evidence before a Coast Guard Court shall be examined after being duly sworn or affirmed in the prescribed form.
(3) The provisions of sub-section
(2) shall not apply where the witness is a child under twelve years of age and the Coast Guard Court is of opinion that though the witness understands the duty of speaking the truth, he does not understand the nature of an oath or affirmation.
1. Subs. by Act 19 of 1988, s. 3 and the Second Schedule, for "Every officer" (w.e.f. 31-3-1988).