58. Provisions as to award of punishments.-
(1) The punishments that may be inflicted under this Act shall be awarded in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(2) A sentence of imprisonment under this Act shall in all cases be accompanied by a sentence of dismissal.
(3) A sentence of imprisonment may be rigorous or simple or partly rigorous and partly simple.
(4) No officer shall be subject to detention for any offence under this Act.
(5) No subordinate officer shall be sentenced to detention except for desertion.
(6) A sentence of detention shall not be accompanied by a sentence of dismissal from the Coast Guard.
(7) A sentence of detention for a period exceeding fourteen days shall in all cases be accompanied by stoppage of pay and allowances during the period of detention.
1[(8) Where mulcts of pay and allowances are awarded for absence without leave, the absence shall be treated as regularised for all purposes.]
1. Ins. by Act 44 of 2002, s. 8 (w.e.f. 12-8-2002).