The Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948
1[The Fourth Schedule]
(See Section 5)
Matters to be Provided for in The Coal Mines Bonus Scheme
1. The payment of bonus dependent on the attendance of an 2[employee] during any period.
2. The employees or class of employees who shall be eligible for the bonus and the conditions of eligibility.
3. The rate at which the bonus shall be payable to an employee and the manner in which the bonus shall be calculated.
4. The conditions under which an employee may be debarred from getting the bonus in whole or in part.
5. The rate at which sums shall be set apart by the employer for payment of bonus and the time and manner of such payment.
6. The registers and records to be maintained by the employer 3[or contractor] and the returns to be furnished by him.
4[6A. The transfer, by an employer to the Fund or any other fund specified by the Central Government, of the amount of bonus remaining unpaid or unclaimed for a period of six months from the end of the quarter to which the bonus relates and the extinguishment of the employer"s liability to his employees to the extent of the amount so transferred.
7. Any other matter which is to be provided for in the Coal Mines Bonus Scheme or which may be necessary or proper for the purpose of implementing that Scheme.]
1. THE THIRD SCHEDULE re-numbered as THE FOUTH SCHEDULE by Act 99 of 1976, s. 15 (w.e.f. 1-8-1976).
2. Subs. by Act 80 of 1950, s. 6, for "employee in coal mine".
3. Ins. by Act 45 of 1965, s. 13 (w.e.f. 1-4-1966).
4. Subs. by s. 13, ibid., for item 7 (w.e.f. 1-4-1966).