The Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948
1[The Second Schedule
(See Section 3E(5)]
Matters to be Provided for in The Coal Mines Family Pension Scheme
1. The employees or class of employees to whom the Coal Mines Pension Scheme shall apply and the time within which option to join that scheme shall be exercised by those employees to whom the said scheme does not apply.
2. The time within which the employees who are not members of the Family Pension Scheme under section 3E as it stood before the commencement of the Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) Act, 1996 (hereinafter, in this Schedule, referred to as the amending Act) shall opt for the Pension Scheme.
3. The portion of employers" contribution and employees" contribution to the Fund which shall be credited to the Pension Fund and the manner in which it is credited.
4. The Central Government contribution and other contributions to the Fund which shall be credited to the Pension Fund and the manner in which it is credited.
5. The minimum qualifying service for being eligible for pension and the manner in which the employees may be granted the benefits of their past service under section 3E as it stood before the commencement of the amending Act.
6. The regulation of the period of service for which no contribution is received.
7. The manner in which employees" interest will be protected against default in payment of contribution by the employer.
8. The manner in which the accounts of the Pension Fund shall be kept and investment of moneys belonging to Pension Fund to be made subject to such pattern of investment as may be determined by the Central Government
9. The form in which an employee shall furnish particulars about himself and the members of his family whenever required.
10. The forms, registers and records to be maintained in respect of employees required for the administration of the Pension Scheme.
11. The scale of pension and pensionary benefits and the conditions relating to grant of such benefits to the employees, the amount of life assurance payable under the Pension Scheme and the manner of such payment.
12. The mode of disbursement of pension and arrangements to be entered into with such disbursing agencies as may be specified for the purpose.
13. The manner in which the expenses incurred in connection with the administration of the Pension Scheme may be paid by the Central Government to the Board.
14. Nomination of persons for receiving pension and assurance amounts in the case of death of an employee.
15. Any other matter which is to be provided for in the Pension Scheme or which may be necessary or proper for the purpose of implementation of the Pension Scheme.].
1. Subs. by Act 23 of 1996, s. 9, for the Second Schedule (w.e.f. 31-3-1998).