The Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948
The First Schedule
(See Section 3)
Matters to be Provided for in The Coal Mines Porovident Fund Scheme
1. The employees or class of employees who shall join the Fund, the contributions payable to the Fund and the conditions under which an employee may be exempted from joining the Fund or from payment of contributions.
1[2. Payment of contributions to the Fund by employers and by, or on behalf of, 2[employees (whether employed by an employer directly or by or through a contractor),] the rate, time and manner of such payment and the manner in which such contributions may be recovered.]
3[2A. The manner in which employees" contribution may be recovered by contractors from employees employed by or through such contractors.]
3. The payment by the employer of such sums of money as may be considered necessary to meet the cost of administering the Fund and the rate at which and the manner in which 4[the payment shall be made.]
5[4. The constitution of any Committee for assisting the Board.]
6[5. The opening of regional and other offices.]
6. The manner in which accounts shall be kept, the investment of moneys belonging to the Fund, the preparation of a budget, the audit of accounts and the submission of reports to the Central Government.
7. The conditions under which withdrawals from the Fund may be permitted and any deduction or forfeiture may be made and 7[, the maximum amount of such deduction or forfeiture and the utilisation of such deducted or forfeited amounts.]
8. The fixation of the rate of interest payable to members by the Central Government in consultation with the Board of Trustees.
9. The form in which an employee shall furnish particulars about himself and his family when required.
10. The nomination of a person to receive the amount standing to the credit of a member after his "death and the cancellation or the change of such nomination.
11. The registers and records to be maintained by the employer 3[or contractor] and the returns to be furnished by him.
12. The form or design of an identity card or a token or a disc for purposes of identifying any employee and for the issue, custody and replacement thereof.
13. The fees to be levied for any of the purposes specified in this Schedule.
8[13A. The manner in which accumulations in any existing provident fund shall be transferred to the Fund under section 3D, and the mode of valuation of any assets which may be transferred by the person administering such provident fund.
14. Any other matter which is to be provided for in the Coal Mines Provident Fund Scheme or which may be necessary or proper for the purpose of implementing that Scheme.]
1. Subs. by Act 21 of 1951, s. 3, for para 2 (w.e.f. 28-4-1951).
2. Subs. by Act 45 of 1965, s. 12, for "employees" (w.e.f. 1-4-1966).
3. Ins. by s. 12, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-4-1966).
4. Subs. by Act 21 of 1951, s. 3, for "it shall be paid".
5. Subs. by Act 45 of 1965, s. 12, for item 4 (w.e.f. 1-4-1966).
6. Subs. by s. 12, ibid., for item 5 (w.e.f. 1-4-1966).
7. Subs. by s. 12, ibid., for certain words (w.e.f. 1-4-1966).
8. Subs. by s. 12, ibid., for item 14 (w.e.f. 1-4-1966).