The Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948
5. Coal Mines Bonus Schemes.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, frame a scheme to be called the Coal Mines Bonus Scheme for the payment of bonus to 2[employees] and specify the coal mines to which the said scheme shall apply.
(2) A scheme framed under the provisions of sub-section (1) may provide for all or any of the matters specified in the 3[Fourth Schedule.]
4[(3) The employer shall pay the bonus in accordance with the Scheme as aforesaid.]
2. Subs. by Act 80 of 1950, s. 4, for "employees in coal mines".
3. Subs. by Act 99 of 1976, s. 8, for "Third Schedule" (w.e.f. 1-8-1976).
4. Ins. by Act 45 of 1965, s. 5 (w.e.f. 1-4-1966).