The Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948
3C. Appointment of officers.-
(1) The Central Government shall appoint a Coal Mines Provident Fund Commissioner, who shall be the chief executive officer of the Board and shall be subject to the general control and superintendence of the Board.
(2) The Central Government may also appoint as many other officers, whose minimum monthly salary in the scale of pay (if any) applicable to them is not less than four hundred rupees, as it may consider necessary to assist the Coal Mines Provident Fund Commissioner in the discharge of his duties.
(3) Subject to the provisions of sub-sections (1) and (2), the Board may appoint such other officers and employees as it may consider necessary for the efficient administration of the Coal Mines Provident Fund Scheme, 1[, the Coal Mines Family Pension Scheme and the Insurance Scheme].
(4) The method of recruitment, salary and allowance, discipline and other conditions of service of the Coal Mines Provident Fund Commissioner shall be such as may be specified by the Central Government and such salary and allowances shall be paid out of the Fund.
(5) The method of recruitment, salary and allowances, discipline and other conditions of service of other officers and employees of the Board shall be such as may be specified by the Board with the approval of the Central Government.
1. Subs. by Act 99 of 1976, s. 6, for "and the Coal Mines Family Pension Scheme" (w.e.f. 1-8-1976).