The Clinical Establishments (Registration and Regulation) Act, 2010
33. Inspection of registered clinical establishments. –
1. The authority or an officer authorised by it shall have the right to cause an inspection of, or inquiry in respect of any registered clinical establishment, its building, laboratories and equipment and also of the work conducted or done by the clinical establishment, to be made by such multi-member inspection team as it may direct and to cause an inquiry to be made in respect of any other matter connected with the clinical establishment and that establishment shall be entitled to be represented thereat.
2. The authority shall communicate to the clinical establishment the views of that authority with reference to the results of such inspection or inquiry and may, after ascertaining the opinion of the clinical establishment thereon, advise that establishment upon the action to be taken.
3. The clinical establishment shall report to the authority, the action, if any, which is proposed to be taken or has been taken upon the results of such inspection or inquiry and such report, shall be furnished within such time, as the authority may direct.
4. Where the clinical establishment does not, within a reasonable time, take action to the satisfaction of the authority, it may, after considering any explanation furnished or representation made by the clinical establishment, issue such directions within such time as indicated in the direction, as that authority deems fit, and the clinical establishment shall comply with such directions.