Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Act, 2010
20. Composition of Commission.-
1. The Commission shall consist of a Chairperson and such other Members, not exceeding six, as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint.
2. The Chairperson and other Members of the Commission shall be appointed on the recommendation of a Selection Committee consisting of three experts from amongst the persons having at least thirty years of experience in nuclear science and a retired Supreme Court Judge.
3. A person shall not be qualified for appointment as the Chairperson of the Commission unless he has attained the age of fifty-five years and is or has been or qualified to be a Judge of a High Court:
Provided that no appointment of a sitting judge shall be made except after consultation with the Chief Justice of India.
4. A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a Member unless he has attained the age of fifty-five years and--
a. has held or is holding or qualified to hold, the post of Additional Secretary to the Government of India or any other equivalent post in the Central Government and possesses special knowledge in law relating to nuclear liability arising out of nuclear incident; or
b. has been a Claims Commissioner for five years.