8. Appointment of Welfare Commissioners, etc., and their powers.-
(1) The Central Government may appoint as many Welfare Commissioners, Welfare Administrators, Inspectors and such other officers and staff as it thinks necessary for the purposes of this Act and the Cine- workers Welfare Cess Act, 1981 (30 of 1981).
(2) The Central Government may, by general or special order, direct a Welfare Commissioner to appoint such staff as is considered necessary for the purposes of this Act and the Cine-workers Welfare Cess Act, 1981 (30 of 1981).
(3) Every person appointed under this section shall be deemed to be a public servant within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
(4) Any Welfare Commissioner may,-
(a) with such assistance, if any, as he may think fit, enter, at any reasonable time, any place which he considers it necessary to enter for carrying out the purposes of this Act and the Cine-workers Welfare Cess Act, 1981 (30 of 1981);
(b) do within such place anything necessary for the proper discharge of his duties; and
(c) exercise such other powers as may be prescribed.