Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012
Chapter VI: Procedures for Recording Statement of the Child
24. Recording of statement of a child.-
1. The statement of the child shall be recorded at the residence of the child or at a place where he usually resides or at the place of his choice and as far as practicable by a woman police officer not below the rank of sub-inspector.
2. The police officer while recording the statement of the child shall not be in uniform.
3. The police officer making the investigation, shall, while examining the child, ensure that at no point of time the child come in the contact in any way with the accused.
4. No child shall be detained in the police station in the night for any reason.
5. The police officer shall ensure that the identity of the child is protected from the public media, unless otherwise directed by the Special Court in the interest of the child.