18. Power to make rules.-
(1) The appropriate Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette and subject to the condition of previous publication, make rules for carrying into effect the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
2[(a) the conditions and the safety measures under clause (b) of sub-section (2) and other activities under clause (b) to Explanation of sub-section (2) of section 3;]
3[(b)] the term of office of, the manner of filling casual vacancies of, and the allowances payable to, the Chairman and members of the 4[Technical Advisory Committee] and the conditions and restrictions subject to which a non-member may be appointed to a sub-committee under sub-section (5) of section 5;
5[(c)] number of hours for which a 6[adolescent] may be required or permitted to work under sub-section (1) of section 7;
7[(d)] grant of certificates of age in respect of young persons in employment or seeking employment, the medical authorities which may issue such certificate, the form of such certificate, the charges which may be made thereunder and the manner in which such certificate may be issued: Provided that no charge shall be made for the issue of any such certificate if the application is accompanied by evidence of age deemed satisfactory by the authority concerned;
8[(e)] the other particulars which a register maintained under section 11 should contain.
1[(f) the manner of payment of amount to the child or adolescent under sub-section (4) of section 14B;
(g) the manner of composition of the offence and payment of amount to the appropriate Government under sub-section (1) of section section 14D;
(h) the powers to be exercised and the duties to be performed by the officer specified and the local limits within which such powers or duties shall be carried out under section 17A.]
1. Ins. by Act 35 of 2016, s. 20 (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
2. Ins. by s. 21, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
3. Clause (a) relettered as clause (b) thereof by s. 21, ibid. (w.e.f 1-9-2016).
4. Subs. by s. 21, ibid., for "Child Labour Technical Advisory Committee" (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
5. Clause (b) relettered as clause (c) thereof by s. 21, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
6. Subs. by s. 21, ibid., for "child" (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
7. Clause (c) relettered as clause (d) thereof by s. 21, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
8. Clause (d) relettered as clause (e) thereof by s. 21, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).