13. Health and safety.-
(1) The appropriate Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for the health and safety of the 5[adolescent] employed or permitted to work in any establishment or class of establishments.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions, the said rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) cleanliness in the place of work and its freedom from nuisance;
(b) disposal of wastes and effluents;
(c) ventilation and temperature;
(d) dust and fume;
(e) artificial humidification;
(g) drinking water;
(h) latrine and urinals;
(j) fencing of machinery;
(k) work at or near machinery in motion;
(l) employment of 1[adolescent] on dangerous machines;
(m) instructions, training and supervision in relation to employment of 1[adolescent] on dangerous machines;
(n) device for cutting off power;
(o) self-acting machines;
(p) easing of new machinery;
(q) floor, stairs and means of access;
(r) pits, sumps, openings in floors, etc.;
(s) excessive weights;
(t) protection of eyes;
(u) explosive or inflammable dust, gas, etc.;
(v) precautions in case of fire;
(w) maintenance of buildings; and
(x) safety of buildings and machinery.
1. Subs. by Act 35 of 2016, s. 14, for "child" (w.e.f 1-9-2016).
2. Subs. by s. 15, ibid., for "children" (w.e.f 1-9-2016).
3. Subs. by s. 15, ibid., for "child" (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
4. Subs. by s. 16, ibid., for "section 3 and 14" (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).
5. Subs. by s. 17, ibid., for "children" (w.e.f. 1-9-2016).