The Chemical Weapons Convention Act, 2000
Chapter II Establishment of the National Authority and its Powers and Functions
6. Establishment of National Authority.-
1. For the purposes of this Act, the Central Government shall establish, by notification in the Official Gazette, an Authority to be known as the National Authority for implementing the provisions of the Convention which shall consist of a Chairperson and such number of Directors as may be appointed by the Central Government.
2. The Central Government may appoint officers and such other employees to the National Authority as it thinks fit for the purposes of this Act.
3. The salary and allowances payable to, and other terms and conditions of service of, the Chairperson and the Directors shall be such as may be prescribed.
4. The salary and allowances payable to, and other terms and conditions of service of, officers and other employees of the National Authority shall be such as may be prescribed.
5. In the exercise of its powers and performance of its functions under this Act, the National Authority shall be subject to the control of the Central Government.