The Chemical Weapons Convention Act, 2000
29. Disposal of persons arrested and goods seized.-
1. Any officer arresting a person under section 22 or section 23 or section 24 shall, as soon as may be, inform him of the grounds for such arrest.
2. Every person arrested and goods seized under warrant issued under sub-section (1) of section 22 shall be forwarded without unnecessary delay to the Magistrate by whom the warrant was issued.
3. Every person arrested and goods seized under sub-section (2) of section 22 or section 23 or section 24 shall be forwarded without unnecessary delay to-
a. the officer in charge of the nearest police station; or
b. the officer empowered under section 30.
4. The authority or officer to whom any person or goods is forwarded under sub-section (2) or sub-section (3) shall, with all convenient dispatch, take such measures as may be necessary for the disposal according to law of such person or goods.