Chartered Accountants Act, 1949
17. Committees of the Council
(1) The Council shall constitute from amongst its members the following Standing Committees, namely:
(i) an Executive Committee,
(ii) an Examination Committee, and
(iii) a Disciplinary Committee.
(2) The Council may also form such other committees from amongst its members as it deems necessary for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this Act, and any committee so formed may, with the sanction of the Council, co-opt such other members of the Institute not exceeding two-thirds of the members of the committee as the committee thinks fit, and any member so co-opted shall be entitled to exercise all the rights of a member of the committee.
(3)Each of the Standing Committees shall consist of the President and the Vice-President ex officio, and three other members of the Council elected by the Council:
PROVIDED that in the case of the Disciplinary Committee, out of the members to be elected, two shall be elected by the Council, and the third nominated by the Central Government from amongst the persons nominated to the Council by the Central Government.
(4) The President and the Vice-President of the Council shall be the Chairman and Vice-Chairman respectively of each of the Standing Committees.
(5) Every member of the Standing Committee other than the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman shall hold office for one year from the date of his election, but subject to being a member of the Council, he shall be eligible for re-election.
(6) The Standing Committees shall exercise such functions and be subject to such conditions in the exercise thereof as may be prescribed.