4. Orders vesting property in treasurer.
(1) Where any property is held or is to be applied in trust for charitable purpose, the 7[appropriate Government], if it thinks fit, may, on application made as hereinafter mentioned, and subject to the other provisions of this section, order, by 1notification in the Official Gazette, that the property be vested in the treasurer of Charitable Endowments on such terms as to the application of the property or the income thereof as may be agreed on between the 2[appropriate Government] and the person or persons making the application, and the property shall thereupon so vest accordingly.
(2) When any property has vested under this section in a treasurer of Charitable Endowments, he is entitled to all documents of title relating thereto.
(4) An order under this section vesting property in a treasurer of Charitable Endowments shall not require or be deemed to require him to administer the property, or impose or be deemed to impose upon him the duty of a trustee with respect to the administration thereof.
1. This Act has been declared to be in force in the Sonthal Parganas by the Sonthal Parganas Settlement Regulation, 1872 (3 of 1872), section 3: in the Khondmals District by the Khondmals Laws Regulation, 1936 (4 of 1936), section 3 and Schedule; and in the Angul District by the Angul Laws Regulation, 1936 (5 of 1936), section 3 and Schedule. It has also been extended to Berar by the Berar Laws Act, 1941 (4 of 1941).
This Act has been amended in its application to Bengal by the Bengal Wakf Act, 1934 (Ben. Act 13 of 1934); This Act shall not apply to any wakf to which the Wakf Act, 1954 (29 of 1954) applies,
The Act has been extended to and brought into force in Dadra and Nagar Haveli by Reg. 6 of 1963, s. 2 and the First Schedule (w.e.f. 1-7-1965): Goa, Daman and Diu by Reg. 11 of 1963, s. 3 and the Schedule Lakshadweep by Reg. 8 of 1965, s. 3 and Schedule (w.e.f. 1-10-1967) and to Pondichedrry by Reg. 7 of 1963, s. 3 and the First schedule (w.e.f. 1-10-1963). The Act has been ceased to be in force in the State of Madras by Madras Act 22 of 1959 (when notified). The Act has been amended in Mysore by Mysore Act 19 of 1973.
2. The words "except the State of Jammu and Kashmir" omitted by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10- 2019).
3. The words "inclusive of British Baluchistan" omitted by the A.O. 1948.
4. Subs. by the A.O. 1937, for Sub-section (1).
5. Subs., ibid., for "the territories subject to the L.G."
6. Ins., ibid.
7. Subs. ibid., for "L.G."