8-I. Export and Import of Silk-worm Seed. -
(1) The Committee shall advise the Central Government from time to time on the export and import of silk-worm seed and the Central Government may, by notification, specify the terms and conditions including exim policy for export and import of silk-worm seed.
(2) All import of silk-worm seed shall conform to the quality standards specified under sub-section (2) of section 8C.
(3) For the purpose of ensuring compliance with the conditions and quality standards for governing such import, the Central Government may, by order, authorise officers of the level of Assistant Commissioner to exercise the powers of inspection at the borders and ports, and such officers shall be deemed to be the Seed Officers for the purposes of this Act.
(4) The Central Government may, by notification, permit for research purposes, import of an unregistered variety of silk-worm seed in such quantity and subject to such conditions as may be specified.
(5) The Central Government may, by notification, restrict the export or import of silk-worm seed of any kind or variety if it considers that it may adversely affect the silk industry or on such other grounds, as it may consider necessary.