8[13A. Power to make regulations. -
(1) The Committee may, in consultation with the Board, and with the previous approval of the Central Government, by notification, make regulations not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder, to provide for all matters for which provision is necessary or expedient for the purpose of giving effect to the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such regulations may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely: -
(i) procedure in regard to transaction of business at the meeting of the Committee under clause (a) of sub-section (6) of section 8A;
(ii) laying down of various standards relating to kinds or varieties, production, testing, supply, distribution, trade and commerce and export and import of silk-worm seed under sub-section (2) of section 8B;
(iii) to specify the criteria for establishing Central Silk-worm Seed Certification Agencies under section 8F, criteria and jurisdiction of Central Seed Testing Laboratories and qualifications of Seed Analysts under sub-sections (1) and (3) of section 8G and qualifications of Seed Officers and their other powers under sub-section (1) and clause (b) of sub-section (3) of section 8H;
(iv) the form, manner and intervals at which statement by producer and dealer may be furnished under section 8J.
1. The words "and the audit of such accounts" omitted by Act 21 of 1970, s. 6.
2. Ins. by s. 6, ibid.
3. Subs. by Act 42 of 2006, s. 3, for "Chairman", (w.e.f. 1-7-2007).
4. Subs. by s. 3, ibid., for "Vice-Chairman" (w.e.f. 1-7-2007).
5. Ins. by s. 10, ibid. (w.e.f. 1.7.2007).
6. Subs. by s. 10, for clause (xix) (w.e.f. 1-7-2007).
7. Sub-section (3) omitted by s. 10, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-7-2007).
8. Ins. by s. 11, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-7-2007).