14. Deputation of the Force to industrial undertakings in public sector6[, joint venture or
(1) Subject to any general directions which may be issued by the Central Government, it shall be lawful for the 7[Director-General], on a request received in this behalf from the Managing Director concerned of an industrial undertaking in public sector6[, joint venture or private sector], showing the necessity thereof, to depute such number of 8*** members of the Force as the7[Director-General] may consider necessary for the protection and security of that industrial undertaking and any installations attached thereto and the 9*** members of the Force so deputed shall be at the charge charge of the Managing Director:
Provided that in the case of an undertaking, owned, controlled or managed,
(i) by a Government company of which the Central Government is not a member;
(ii) by a corporation established by or under a Provincial or State Act,
no such request shall be entertained unless it is made with the consent of the Government of the State in which the undertaking is situate.
(2) If the 7[Director-General] is of the opinion that circumstances necessitating the deputation of the9*** members of the Force in relation to an industrial undertaking under sub-section (1) have ceased to exist, or for any other reason it is necessary so to do, he may, after informing the Managing Director of that industrial undertaking, withdraw the 9*** members of the Force so deputed:
1. The word "imminent" omitted by Act 20 of 1989, s. 5 (w.e.f. 18-5-1989).
2. The words "supervisory officer or" omitted by Act 14 of 1983, s. 9 (w.e.f. 15-6-1983).
3. The words "any supervisory officer, or" omitted by s. 13 and The Schedule, ibid. (w.e.f. 15-6-1983).
4. Subs. by s. 13 and the Schedule, ibid., for "Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (5 of 1898)" (w.e.f. 15-6-1983).
5. The words "supervisory officer or" omitted by s. 13 and the Schedule, ibid. (w.e.f. 15-6-1983).
6. Ins. by Act 22 of 2009, s. 7(w.e.f. 10-1-2009).
7. Subs. by Act 14 of 1983, s. 13 and the Schedule, for "Inspector-General" (w.e.f. 15-6-1983).
8. The words "supervisory officers and" omitted by s. 13 and the Schedule, ibid. (w.e.f. 15-6-1983).
9. The words "officers and" omitted by s. 13 and the Schedule, ibid. (w.e.f. 15-6-1983).
Provided that the Managing Director may, on giving 1[threemonths notice] in writing to the2[Director-General] require that the 3*** members of the Force so deputed shall be withdrawn, and the Managing Director shall be relieved from the charge from the date of expiration of such notice or from any earlier date on which the Force is so withdrawn.
(3) Every 4*** member of the Force, while discharging his functions during the period of deputation, shall continue to exercise the same powers and be subject to the same responsibilities, discipline and penalties as would have been applicable to him under this Act, if he had been discharging those functions in relation to an industrial undertaking owned by the Central Government.