11. Power to arrest without warrant.
6[(1) Any member of the Force may, without any order from from a Magistrate and without a warrant, arrest
7[(i) any person who voluntarily causes hurt to, or attempts voluntarily to cause hurt to, or wrongfully restrains or attempts wrongfully to restrain or assaults, threatens to assault, or uses, or threatens or attempts to use, criminal force to any employee, referred to in clause (d) of section 10, or to him or any other member of the Force, in discharge of his duty as such employee or in execution of his duty as such member, as the case may be, or with intent to prevent or to deter him from.
1. Subs. by Act 40 of 1999, s. 6, for "under section 8 or under sub-section (2)" (w.e.f. 29-12-1999).
2. The words "supervisory officer and" omitted by Act 14 of 1983, s. 13 and the Schedule (w.e.f. 15-6-1983).
3. Ins. by Act 22 of 2009, s. 6 (w.e.f. 10-1-2009).
4. Subs. by Act 20 of 1989, s. 4, for clause (d) (w.e.f. 18-5-1989).
5. Ins. by Act 40 of 1999, s. 7 (w.e.f. 29-12-1999).
6. Subs. by Act 14 of 1983, s. 9, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 15-6-1983).
7. Subs. by Act 20 of 1989, s. 5, for clause (i) (w.e.f. 18-5-1989).
discharging his duty as such member, or in consequence of anything done or attempted to be done by him in the lawful discharge of his duty as such member;]
(ii) any person who has been concerned in, or against whom a reasonable suspicion exists of his having been concerned in, or who is found taking precautions to conceal his presence under circumstances which afford reason to believe that he is taking such precautions with a view to committing,a cognizable offence which relates to property belonging to, or in the premises of, any industrial undertaking referred to in clauses (b) and (c) of section 10, or relates to the other installations, or to property in the premises of the other installations, referred to in those clauses;
(iii) any person who commits or attempts to commit a cognizable offence which involves or which is likely to involve 1*** danger to the life of any person engaged in carrying on any work relating to any undertaking or installations referred to in clauses (b) and (c) of section 10.]
(2) If any person is found trespassing on the premises of any industrial undertaking referred to in clauses (b) and (c) of section 10, he may, without prejudice to any other proceedings which may be taken against him, he removed from such premises by any 2*** member of the Force.