Central Excise Act, 1944
35EB. REVISION BY CENTRAL GOVERNMENT.-
(1) The Central Government may, on the application of any person aggrieved by any order passed under section 35A, where the order is of the nature referred to in the first proviso to sub-section (1) of section 35B, annul or modify such order.
Explanation : For the purposes of this sub-section, "order passed under section 35A" includes an order passed under that section before the commencement of section 47 of the Finance Act, 1984 against which an appeal has not been preferred before such commencement and could have been, if the said section had not come into force, preferred after such commencement, to the Appellate Tribunal.
(2) An application under sub-section (1) shall be made within three months from the date of the communication to the applicant of the order against which the application is being made :
Provided that the Central Government may, if it is satisfied that the applicant was prevented by sufficient cause from presenting the application within the aforesaid period of three months, allow it to be presented within a further period of three months.
(3) An application under sub-section (1) shall be in such form and shall be verified in such manner as may be specified by rules made in this behalf and shall be accompanied by a fee of two hundred rupees.
(4) The Central Government may, of its own motion, annul or modify any order referred to in sub-section (1).
(5) No order enhancing any penalty or fine in lieu of confiscation or confiscating goods of greater value shall be passed under this section, -
(a) in any case in which an order passed under section 35A has enhanced any penalty or fine in lieu of confiscation or has confiscated goods of greater value; and
(b) in any other case, unless the person affected by the proposed order has been given notice to show cause against it within one year from the date of the order sought to be annulled or modified.
(6) Where the Central Government is of opinion that any duty of excise has not been levied or has been short-levied, no order levying or enhancing the duty shall be made under this section unless the person affected by the proposed order is given notice to show cause against it within the time-limit specified in section 11A. 110 ]