8. The Visitor.-
(1) The President of India shall be the Visitor of the University.
(2) Subject to the provisions of sub-sections (3) and (4), the Visitor shall have the right to cause an inspection to be made, by such person or persons as he may direct, of the University, its buildings, laboratories, libraries, museums, workshops and equipments, and of any institution or college and also of the examination, instruction and other work conducted or done by the University, and to cause an inquiry to be made in like manner in respect of any matter connected with the administration and finances of the University.
(3) The Visitor shall, in every case, give notice to the University of his intention to cause an inspection or inquiry to be made and the University shall, on receipt of such notice, have the right to make, within thirty days from the date of receipt of the notice or such other period as the Visitor may determine, such representations to him as it may consider necessary.
(4) After considering the representations, if any, made by the University, the Visitor may cause to be made such inspection or inquiry as is referred to in sub-section (2).
(5) Where an inspection or inquiry has been caused to be made by the Visitor, the University shall be entitled to appoint a representative who shall have the right to appear in person and to be heard on such inspection or inquiry.
(6) The Visitor may address the Vice-Chancellor with reference to the results of such inspection or inquiry together with such views and advice with regard to the action to be taken thereon as the Visitor may be pleased to offer and on receipt of the address made by the Visitor, the Vice-Chancellor shall communicate forthwith to the Board the results of the inspection or inquiry and the views of the Visitor and the advice tendered by him upon the action to be taken thereon.
(7) The Board shall communicate through the Vice-Chancellor to the Visitor such action, if any, as it proposes to take or has been taken by it upon the results of such inspection or inquiry.
(8) Where the Board does not, within a reasonable time, take action to the satisfaction of the Visitor, the Visitor may, after considering any explanation furnished or representation made by the Board, issue such directions as he may think fit and the Board shall be bound to comply with such directions.
(9) Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this section, the Visitor may, by an order in writing, annul any proceeding of the University which is not in conformity with this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances: Provided that before making any such order, he shall call upon the University to show cause why such an order should not be made and, if any cause is shown within a reasonable time, he shall consider the same.
(10) The Visitor shall have such other powers as may be specified by the Statutes.
1. Ins. by Act 45 of 2016, s. 3 (w.e.f. 19-8-2016).