29. Maintenance of discipline among students of the University
(1) All powers relating to discipline and disciplinary action in relation to students of the University shall vest in the Vice-Chancellor.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor may delegate all or any of his powers as he deems proper to such officers as he may specify in this behalf.
(3) Without prejudice to the generality of his powers relating to the maintenance of discipline and taking such action, as may seem to him appropriate for the maintenance of discipline, the Vice-Chancellor may, in exercise of his powers, by order, direct that any student or students be expelled, or rusticated, for a specified period, or be not admitted to a course or courses of study in a college, institution or Department of the University for a stated period, or be punished with fine for an amount to be specified in the order, or be debarred from taking an examination or examinations conducted by the University, college, institution or Department for one or more years, or that the results of the student or students concerned in the examination or examinations in which he or they have appeared be cancelled.
(4) The Deans of colleges, institutions and Heads of teaching Departments in the University shall have the authority to exercise all such disciplinary powers over the students in their respective colleges, institutions and teaching Departments in the University as may be necessary for the proper conduct of such colleges, institutions and teaching in the Departments.
(5) Without prejudice to the powers of the Vice-Chancellor, the Deans and other persons specified in clause (4), detailed rules of discipline and proper conduct shall be made by the University. The Deans of colleges, institutions and Heads of teaching Departments in the University may also make the supplementary rules as they deem necessary for the aforesaid purposes.
(6) At the time of admission, every student shall be required to sign a declaration to the effect that he submits himself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Vice-Chancellor and other authorities of the University.