The Carriage by Air Act, 1972
4. Application of amended Convention to India.-
(1) The rules contained in the Second Schedule, being the provisions of the amended Convention relating to the rights and liabilities of carriers, passengers, consignors, consignees and other persons, shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, have the force of law in India in relation to any carriage by air to which those rules apply, irrespective of the nationality of the aircraft performing the carriage.
1[(2) For the purpose of this Act, the High Contracting Parties to the amended Convention and the date of enforcement of the said amended Convention shall be such as are included in Part II of the Annexure.
(2A) The Central Government may, having regard to the objects of this Act, and if it considers necessary or expedient so to do, by notification in the Official Gazette, add to, or, as the case may be, omit from, Part II of the Annexure, any High Contracting Party and on such addition, or, as the case may be, omission, such High Contracting Party shall be or shall cease to be, a High Contracting Party.]
(3) Any reference in the Second Schedule to the territory of any High Contracting Party to the amended Convention shall be construed as a reference to all the territories in respect of which he is a party.
(4) Any reference in the Second Schedule to agents of the carrier shall be construed as including a reference to servants of the carrier.
1. Subs. by Act 28 of 2009, s. 5, for sub-section (2) (w.e.f. 1-7-2009).