347. Supplemental provisions respecting rules.
(1) A rule under section 346 may be made either generally for all cantonments or for the whole or any part of any one or more cantonments.
(2) The power to make rules under clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 346 shall include power to give retrospective effect from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of the Cantonments Act, 2006, to the rules or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any rule so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such rule may be applicable:
Provided that where any rule has to be given retrospective operation, the reasons therefor and the effect of giving such retrospective operation shall be published along with the draft of the rules when such draft is published for eliciting public opinion under sub-section (1) of section 346.
(3) All rules made under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette and in such other manner, if any, as the Central Government may direct and, on such publication, shall have effect as if enacted in this Act.
(4) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.