249. Power to seal unauthorised constructions.
(1) It shall be lawful for the Chief Executive Officer, at any time, before or after making an order of demolition under section 248 or of the stoppage of erection of any building, or execution of any work, to make an order directing the sealing of such erection or work or of the premises in which such erection or work is being carried on or has been completed at the cost of the offender in such manner as may be prescribed by rules for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this Act or for preventing any dispute as to the nature and extent of such erection or work.
(2) Where any erection or work or any premises in which any erection or work is being carried on, has or, has been sealed, the Chief Executive Officer may, for the purpose of demolishing such erection or work in accordance with the provisions of this Act, order such seal to be removed.
(3) No person shall remove such seal except
(a) under an order made by the Chief Executive Officer under sub-section (2); or
(b) under an order of an appellate authority in an appeal made under this Act.
(4) Any person who contravenes the provisions contained in sub-section (3) shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to six months or with fine which may extend to twenty thousand rupees, or with both.