231. Works to be done by licensed plumber.
(1) No person other than a licensed plumber shall execute any work described in this Chapter and no person shall permit any such work to be executed except by a licensed plumber:
Provided that if, in the opinion of the Chief Executive Officer, the work is of a trivial nature, he may grant permission in writing for the execution of such work by a person other than a licensed lumber.
(2) Every person who employs a licensed plumber to execute any work shall, when so required, furnish to the Chief Executive Officer the name of such plumber.
(3) When any work is executed except in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1), such work shall be liable to be dismantled at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer without prejudice to the right of the Board to prosecute under this Act the person at whose instance such work has been executed.
(4) The Board may make bye-laws for the guidance of licensed plumbers and a copy of all such bye-laws shall be attached to every licence granted to a plumber by the Board.
(5) The Board may, from time to time, prescribe the charges to be paid to licensed plumber for any work done by them under or for any of the purposes of this Chapter.
(6) No licensed plumber shall, for any work referred to in sub-section (5), demand or receive more than the charges prescribed there for, under that sub-section.
(7) The Board shall make bye-laws providing for
(a) the exercise of adequate control on all licensed plumbers;
(b) the inspection of all works carried out by them; and
(c) the hearing and disposal of complaints made by the owners or occupiers of premises with regard to the quality of work done, material used, delay in execution of work, and the charges made, by a licensed plumber.
(8) No licensed plumber shall contravene any of the bye-laws made under this section or execute carelessly or negligently any work under this Act or make use of bad materials, appliances or fittings.
(9) If any licensed plumber contravenes sub-section (8), his licence may be suspended or cancelled whether he is prosecuted under this Act or not.