209. Special provisions concerning drainage and sewage.
(1) All public drains, all drains in, alongside or under any public street, except those vesting in the Military Engineer Services or any Department of the Central Government or a State Government or any autonomous body under the Central Government or a State Government and all sewage collection works, whether constructed out of the cantonment fund or otherwise and all works, material and things appertaining thereto, which are situated in the cantonment shall vest in the Board.
(2) All public and other drains, which are vested in the Board are hereafter in this Act referred to as cantonment drains.
(3) For the purposes of enlarging, deepening or otherwise repairing or maintaining any such drain or sewage collection work so much of the sub-soil appertaining thereto as may be necessary for the said purpose shall be deemed also to vest in the Board.
(4) All drains and ventilation shafts, pipes and all appliances and fittings connected with drainage works constructed, erected or set up out of the cantonment fund in or upon premises not belonging to the Board whether
(a) before or after the commencement of this Act; and
(b) for the use of the owner or occupier of such premises or not, shall unless the Board has otherwise determined, or does at any time otherwise determine, vest and be deemed always to have vested in the Board.