19. President and Vice-President.
(1) The Officer commanding the station if a member of the Board shall be the President of the Board:
Provided that when a military officer holding the office of the President ceases to be the Officer commanding the station merely by reason of a temporary absence from the station for a period not exceeding thirty consecutive days, he shall not vacate the office of President.
(2) Where the Officer commanding the station is not a member of the Board, the military officer nominated in his place under clause (a) of sub-section (3), sub-section (4), sub-section (5) or sub-section (6) of section 12 shall be the President of the Board.
(3) In every Board except in case of a Board falling under Category IV Cantonment there shall be a Vice-President elected by the elected members only from amongst them in accordance with such procedure as the Central Government may by rule prescribe.
(4) In case of a Board falling under Category IV Cantonment, the Vice-President shall be elected by draw of lot under the supervision of the President of the Board in such manner as he may decide.