The Cantonments (House-Accommodation) Act, 1923
31. Petition of appeal.-
(1) Every petition of appeal under section 30 shall be in writing and accompanied by a copy of the notice appealed against.
(2) Any such petition may be presented to the 1[Officer Commanding the station], and that officer shall be bound to forward it to the authority empowered by section 30 to hear the appeal, and may attach thereto any report which he may desire to make in explanation of the notice appealed against.
(3) If any such petition is presented direct to the Officer Commending the District and an immediate order on the petition is not necessary, the Officer Commanding the District may refer the petition to the 1[Officer Commanding the station] for report.
1. Subs. by Act 10 of 1925, s. 6, for "Commanding Officer of the Cantonment"
2. Subs. by Act 9 of 1930, s. 10, for the Chapter IV consisting of sections 19 to 28.