The Cantonments (House-Accommodation) Act, 1923
15. Power for owner to refer to civil court on question of rent.-
(1) If the owner considers that the rent stated in a notice issued under section 7 is not reasonable, he may, within a period of 2[thirty] days from the service of such notice, 3[refer the matter to a civil court, in accordance with the provisions of Chapter IV]:
4[Provided that where an appeal has been made to the Officer Commanding the District under section 30, the period of thirty days shall be reckoned from the date on which the owner received notice of the result of the appeal under sub-section (2) of section 32.] (2) If the owner does not make such a 5[reference] within the said period, he shall be deemed to have accepted the rent so offered.
2. Subs. by Act 9 of 1930, s. 7, for "Fifteen".
3. Subs. by s.7, ibid., for "require that the matter be referred by the Officer Commanding the station to a Committee of
4. Ins. by Act 22 of 1933, s. 2.
5. Subs. by Act 9 of 1930, s. 7, for "requisition".