Bureau of Indian Standard Act, 1986
7. Director General of the Bureau.-
(1) The Central Government shall appoint a Director General the Bureau.
(2) The terms and conditions of service of the Director-General the Bureau shall be such as may be prescribed.
(3) Subject to the general superintendence and control of the Bureau, the Director-General of the Bureau shall be Chief Executive Authority of the Bureau.
(4) The Director-General of the Bureau shall exercise and discharge such of the powers and duties of the Bureau as may be determined by regulations.