Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1996
27.Accounts and audit.-
(1) The Board shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare and annual statement of accounts in such form as may be prescribed in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in connection with the auditing of the accounts of the Board under this Act shall have the same rights and privileges and the authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India has in connection with the auditing of the Government accounts and, in particular shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect any of the offices of the Board under this Act.
(3) The accounts of the Board shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India annually and any expenditure incurred in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Board to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(4) The Board shall furnish to the State Government before such date as may be prescribed its audited copy of accounts together with the auditor's report.
(5) The State Government shall cause the annual report and auditor's report to be laid, as soon as may be after they are received, before the State Legislature.