26. Statutes how to be made.
(1) The first Statutes are those set out in the Second Schedule.
(2) The Board of Management may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1):
Provided that the Board of Management shall not make, amend or repeal any Statutes affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given an opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing on the proposed changes, and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the Board of Management.
(3) Every new Statutes or addition to the Statutes or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the assent of the Visitor who may assent thereto or withhold assent or remit to the Board of Management for reconsideration.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor, in exceptional circumstances, may direct the University to make provisions in the Statutes in respect of any matter specified by him and if the Board of Management is unable to implement such direction within sixty days of its receipt, the Visitor may, after considering the reasons, if any, communicated by the Board of Management for its inability to comply with such direction, make or amend the Statutes suitably.