4. General effect of vesting.-
(1) The Mokameh unit, and the undertakings of Arthur Butler and Company, referred to in section 3, shall be deemed to include all assets, rights, lease-holds powers, authorities and privileges and all property, movable and immovable, including lands, buildings, workshops, stores, instruments, machinery and equipment, cash balances, cash in hand, reserve funds, investments and book debts pertaining to the Mokameh unit or, as the case may be, the undertakings of Arthur Butler and Company, and all other rights and interests in, or arising out of, such property as were immediately before the appointed day in the ownership, possession, power or control-
(a) of Britannia Engineering Company, in relation to the Mokameh unit, or
(b) of Arthur Butler and Company, in relation to the undertakings owned by it,
whether within or outside India, and all books of account, registers and other documents of whatever nature relating thereto.
(2) All properties as aforesaid which have vested in the Central Government under section 3 shall, by force of such vesting, be freed and discharged from any trust, obligation, mortgage, charge, lien and all other incumbrances affecting it, and any attachment, injunction or decree or order of any court or other authority, restricting the use of such properties in any manner or appointing any receiver in respect of the whole or any part of such properties shall be deemed to have been withdrawn.
(3) Every mortgagee of any property which has vested under this Act in the Central Government and every person holding any charge, lien or other interest in, or in relation to, any such property shall give, within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed, an intimation to the Commissioner of such mortgage, charge, lien or other interest.
(4) For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that the mortgagee of any property referred to in sub-section (3) or any other person holding and charge, lien or other interest in, or in relation to any such property shall be entitled to claim, in accordance with his rights and interests, payment of the mortgage money or other dues, in whole or in part, out of amounts specified in the First Schedule and also out of the monies determined under section 8, but no such mortgage, charge, lien or other interest shall be enforceable against any property which has vested in the Central Government or the Government company, as the case may be.
(5) If, on the appointed day, any suit, appeal or other proceeding of whatever nature instituted or preferred by or against Britannia Engineering Company in relation to the Mokameh unit, or by or against Arthur Butler and Company in relation to any undertaking owned by it, is pending, the same shall not abate, be discontinued or be, in any way, prejudicially affected by reason of the transfer of the Mokameh unit or, as the case may be, the undertakings of Arthur Butler and Company, or of anything contained in this Act, but the suit, appeal or other proceeding may be continued, prosecuted or enforced by or against the Central Government or the Government company as the case may be.