16. Payment by Central Government to the Commissioner.-
(1) the Central Government shall, within thirty days from the specified date, pay, in cash, to the Commissioner, for payment to Britannia Engineering Company and to Arthur Butler and Company,-
(a) an amount equal to that specified against each of their names in the First Schedule,
(b) an amount equal to that payable to Britannia Engineering Company and Arthur Butler and company under section 8.
(2) A deposit account shall be opened by the Central Government in favour of the Commissioner in the Public Account of India, and every amount paid under this Act to the Commissioner shall be deposited by him to the credit of the said deposit account and the said deposit account shall be operated by the Commissioner.
(3) Separate records shall be maintained by the Commissioner in respect of Mokameh unit and the undertakings owned by Arthur Butler and Company in relation to which payment has been made to him under this Act.
(4) Interest acquiring on the amounts standing to the credit of the deposit account referred to in sub-section (2) shall enure to the benefit of Britannia Engineering Company and Arthur Butler and Company.