68. Provisions as to Bombay State Electricity Board and State Warehousing Corporation.-
(1) The following bodies corporate constituted for the State of Bombay, namely:-
(a) the State Electricity Board constituted under the Electricity Supply Act, 1948 (54 of 1948); and
(b) the State Warehousing Corporation established under the Agricultural Produce (Development and Warehousing) Corporations Act, 1956 (28 of 1956),
shall, as from the appointed day, continue to function in those areas in respect of which they were functioning immediately before that day, subject to the provisions of this section and to such directions as may, from time to time, be issued by the Central Government.
(2) Any directions issued by the Central Government under sub-section (1) in respect of the Board or the Corporation shall include a direction that the Act under which the Board or the Corporation was constituted shall, in its application to that Board or Corporation, have effect subject to such exceptions and modifications as the Central Government thinks fit.
(3) The Board or the Corporation referred to in sub-section (1) shall cease to function as from, and shall be deemed to be dissolved on, the 1st day of October, 1960, or such earlier date as the Central Government may, by order, appoint; and upon such dissolution, its assets, rights and liabilities shall be apportioned between the State of Maharashtra and the State of Gujarat in such manner as may be agreed upon between them within one year of the dissolution of the Board or the Corporation, as the case may be, or if no agreement is reached, in such manner as the Central Government may by order determine.
(4) Nothing in the preceding provisions of this section shall be construed as preventing the Government of the State of Maharashtra or, as the case may be, the Government of the State of Gujarat from constituting, at any time on or after the appointed day, a State Electricity Board or a State Warehousing Corporation for that State under the provisions of the Act relating to such Board or Corporation; and if such a Board or Corporation is so constituted in either of the States before the dissolution of the Board or the Corporation referred to in sub-section (1),-
(a) provision may be made by order of the Central Government enabling the new Board or the new Corporation to take over from the existing Board or Corporation all or any of its undertakings, assets, rights and liabilities in that State, and
(b) upon the dissolution of the existing Board or Corporation, any assets, rights and liabilities which would otherwise have passed to that State by or under the provisions of sub-section (3) shall pass to the new Board or the new Corporation instead of to that State.