AdvocateKhoj
Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library
    

The Bolani Ores Ltd. (Acquisition of Shares) and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1978

Act No. 42 of 1978

[8th December, 1978.]

An Act to provide for the acquisition of shares of the Bolani Ores Limited in public interest in order to serve better the needs of the nation and to facilitate the promotion and development in the interests of the general public, of national steel industry and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.

WHEREAS Bolani Ores Limited was incorporated as a private limited company in June, 1957 for supplying ores mainly to the Durgapur Steel Plant;

WHEREAS 50.5 per cent. shares in the share capital of the said Bolani Ores Limited are held by the Steel Authority of India Limited, a wholly owned Government company and the remaining 49.5 per cent. shares are held by the Orissa Minerals Developments Company Limited;

WHEREAS cumulative losses suffered by the said Bolani Ores Limited at the end of 1977-78 were to the extent of over Rs. 270 lakhs and the said Bolani Ores Limited is in need of urgent funds to carry on the operations of its undertakings;

AND WHEREAS the Orissa Minerals Development Company is not willing to contribute any further amount towards the share capital of the Bolani Ores Limited;

AND WHEREAS the Bolani Ores Limited is the main source of supply of iron ores to the Durgapur Steel Plant and without further substantial investments by way of capital outlay and otherwise the supply of iron ores to the said Plant cannot be maintained;

AND WHEREAS it is expedient in the public interest that the shares of the said Bolani Ores Limited should be acquired;

BE it enacted by Parliament in the Twenty-ninth Year of the Republic of India as follows:-



Bolani Ores Ltd. (Acquisition of Shares) and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1978 Back




Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered by nubia  |  driven by neosys