Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015
31. Recovery of tax dues by Tax Recovery Officer.
1. The Tax Recovery Officer may draw up under his signature a statement of tax arrears of an assessee referred to in sub-section (4) or sub-section (5) of section 30, in such form, as may be prescribed (such statement hereafter in this Chapter referred to as “certificate”).
2. The certificate under sub-section (1) shall stand amended from time to time consequent to any proceeding under this Act and the Tax Recovery Officer shall recover the amount so modified.
3. The Tax Recovery Officer may rectify any mistake apparent from the record.
4. The Tax Recovery Officer shall have the power to extend the time for payment, or allow payment by instalments, subject to such conditions as he may think fit to impose in the circumstances of the case.
5. The Tax Recovery Officer shall proceed to recover from the assessee the amount specified in the certificate by one or more of the modes referred to in section 32 or in the Second Schedule to the Income-tax Act.
6. It shall not be open to the assessee to dispute the correctness of any certificate drawn up by the Tax Recovery Officer on any ground whatsoever, but it shall be lawful for the Tax Recovery Officer to cancel the certificate if, for any reason, he thinks it necessary so to do.