The Biological Diversity Act, 2002
13. Committees of National Biodiversity Authority.-
1. The National Biodiversity Authority may constitute a committee to deal with agro-biodiversity. Explanation.-For the purposes of this sub-section, "agro-biodiversity" means biological diversity of agriculture related species and their wild relatives.
2. Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), the National Biodiversity Authority may constitute such number of committees as it deems fit for the efficient discharge of its duties and performance of its functions under this Act.
3. A committee constituted under this section shall co-opt such number of persons, who are not the members of the National Biodiversity Authority, as it may think fit and the persons so co-opted shall have the right to attend the meetings of the committee and take part in its proceedings but shall not have the right to vote.
4. The persons appointed as members of the committee under sub-section (2) shall be entitled to receive such allowances or fees for attending the meetings of the committee as may be fixed by the Central Government.