41. Provisions relating to services.-
(1) Every person who immediately before the appointed day is serving in connection with the affairs of Bihar shall, as from that day, continue so to serve, unless he is required by general or special order of the Central Government to serve provisionally in connection with the affairs of West Bengal.
(2) As soon as may be after the appointed day, the Central Government shall by general or special order determine the State to which every person provisionally allotted to West Bengal shall be finally allotted for service and the date from which such allotment shall take effect or be deemed to have taken effect.
(3) Every person who is finally allotted under the provisions of sub-section (2) to Bihar or West Bengal shall, if he is not already serving therein, be made available for serving in that State from such date as may be agreed upon between the two State Governments and in default of such agreement, as may be determined by the Central Government.
(4) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to affect after the appointed day the operation of the provisions of Chapter I of Part XIV of the Constitution in relation to the determination of the conditions of service of persons serving in connection with the affairs of Bihar or of West Bengal: Provided that the conditions of service applicable immediately before the appointed day to the case of any person provisionally or finally allotted to West Bengal under this section shall not be varied to his disadvantage except with the previous approval of the Central Government.
(5) The Central Government may at any time before or after the appointed day give such directions to either State Government as may appear to it to be necessary for the purpose of giving effect to the foregoing provisions of this section and the State Government shall comply with such directions.