80. Staff of the Management Board.-
(1) The Board may employ such staff, as it may consider necessary for the efficient discharge of its functions under this Act:
Provided that every person who immediately before the constitution of the said Board was engaged in the construction, maintenance or operation of the works relating to the projects referred to in sub-section (1) of section 78 shall continue to be so employed under the Board in connection with the said works on the same terms and conditions of the service as were applicable to him before such constitution until the Central Government by order, directs otherwise:
Provided further that the said Board may at any time in consultation with the State Governments or the Electricity Board concerned and with prior approval of the Central Government retain any such person for service under that State Government or Board.
(2) The Government of the States of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh shall at all times provide the necessary funds to the Board to meet all expenses (including the salaries and allowances of the staff) required for the discharge of its functions and such amounts shall be apportioned among the States concerned in such proportion as the Central Government may having regard to the benefits to each of the said States specify.
(3) The Board shall be under the control of the Central Government and shall comply with such directions, as may from time to time, be given to it by that Government.
(4) The Board may, with the approval of the Central Government delegate such of its powers, functions and duties as it may deem fit to the Chairman of the said Board or to any officer subordinate to the Board.
(5) The Central Government may, for the purpose of enabling the Board to function efficiently, issue such directions to the State Governments concerned, or any other authority, and the State Governments, or the other authority shall comply with such directions.