42. Land and goods.-
(1) Subject to other provisions of this Part, all land and all stores, articles and other goods belonging to the existing State of Bihar shall,-
(a) if within the transferred territory, pass to the State of Jharkhand; or
(b) in any other case, remain the property of the State of Bihar:
Provided that where the Central Government is of opinion that any goods or class of goods should be distributed between the States of Bihar and Jharkhand, otherwise that according to the situation of the goods, the Central Government may issue such directions as it thinks fit for a just and equitable distribution of the goods and the goods shall pass to the successor States accordingly.
(2) Stores held for specific purposes, such as use or utilisation in particular institutions, workshops or undertakings or on particular works under construction, shall pass to the successor States in whose territories such institutions, workshops, undertakings or works are located.
(3) Stores relating to the Secretariat and offices of Heads of Departments having jurisdiction over the whole of the existing State of Bihar shall be divided as may be agreed upon between the successor States, or in default of such agreement, as the Central Government may by order direct for a just and equitable distribution of such stores.
(4) Any other unissued stores of any class in the existing State of Bihar shall be divided between the successor States in proportion to the total stores of that class purchased in the period of three years prior to the appointed day, for the territories of the existing State of Bihar included respectively in each of the successor States:
Provided that where such proportion cannot be ascertained in respect of any class of stores or where the value of any class of such stores does not exceed rupees ten thousand, that class of stores shall be divided between the successor States according to the population ratio.
(5) In this section, the expression -land" includes immovable property of every kind and any rights in or over such property, and the expression -goods" does not include coins, bank notes and currency notes.