28. Special provision relating to Bar Council and Advocates.-
(1) On and from the appointed day, in the Advocates Act, 1961 (25 of 1961), in section 3, in sub-section (1), in clause (a), after the words -Jammu and Kashmir", the word -Jharkhand" shall be inserted.
(2) Any person who immediately before the appointed day is an advocate on the roll of the Bar Council of the existing State of Bihar may give his option in writing, within one year from the appointed day to the Bar Council of such existing State, to transfer his name on the roll of the Bar Council of Jharkhand and notwithstanding anything contained in the Advocates Act, 1961 (25 of 1961) and the rules made thereunder, on such option so given his name shall be deemed to have been transferred on the roll of the Bar Council of Jharkhand with effect from the date of the option so given for the purposes of the said Act and the rules made thereunder.
(3) The person other than the advocates who are entitled immediately before the appointed day, to practise in the High Court at Patna or any subordinate court thereof shall, on and after the appointed day, be recognised as such persons entitled also to practise in the High Court of Jharkhand or any subordinate court thereof, as the case may be.
(4) The right of audience in the High Court of Jharkhand shall be regulated in accordance with the like principles as, immediately before the appointed day, are in force with respect to the right of audience in the High Court at Patna.