Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

23. Power of Central Government to order allocation or adjustment in certaincases.

Where, by virtue of any of the provisions of this Part, either of the States of Bihar or Uttar Pradesh becomes entitled to any property or obtains any benefits or becomes subject to any liability, and the Central Government, on a reference made within a period of three years from the appointed day by either of the States, is of opinion that it is just and equitable that that property or those benefits should be transferred to, or shared with, the other State or that a contribution towards that liability should be made by the other State, the said property or benefits shall be allocated in such manner between the two States, or the other State shall make to the State subject to the liability such contribution in respect thereof, as the Central Government may, after consultation with the two State Governments, by order determine.

Bihar and Uttar Pradesh (Alteration of Boundaries) Act, 1968 Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys