7. Chief Engineer and Financial Adviser.-
(1) The Central Government may, after consultation with the Governments of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, appoint an Engineer (to be the Chief Engineer of the Board and to be known as the Chief Engineer, Rajghat Dam Project), and a Financial Adviser, and a Secretary, to the Board from amongst the officers of the Governments of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh:
Provided that the Central Government shall, so far as practicable, ensure that officers from the same State do not hold the posts of Chief Engineer and Secretary at the same time:
(2) Subject to the general superintendence and control of the Board and the Executive Committee, the Chief Engineer of the Board appointed under sub-section (1) shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Board and shall exercise and discharge-
(a) such powers and duties as may be prescribed or as may be delegated to him by the Board;
(b) such other powers and duties as may be determined by regulations.
(3) The Financial Adviser appointed under sub-section (1) shall be the Chief Accounts Officer of the Board.
(4) The terms and conditions of service of the Chief Engineer of the Board, and of the Financial Adviser, and the Secretary, to the Board shall be such as may be prescribed.