24. Disposal of proceedings referred to in last foregoing section.
(1) Proceedings taken cognizance of by, or transferred to, a Subordinate Judge or Munsif , as the case may be, under the last foregoing section shall be disposed of by him subject to the rules applicable to like proceedings when disposed of by the District Judge:
Provided that an appeal from an order of the Munsif in any such proceedings shall lie to the District Judge.
(2) An appeal from the order of the District Judge on the appeal from the order of a munsif under this section shall lie to the High Court if a further appeal from the order of the District Judge is allowed by the law for the ti me being in force.
1. S. 23 does not apply to Honorary Munsifs and Benches in the U. P.: see the U.P. Honorary Munsifs Act, 1896 (U.P. 2 of 1896), s. 13.
2.Clause (b) relating to proceedings under Act 40 of 1858 or Act 9 of 1861 rep. by Act 8 of 1890, s. 2 and Sch.
3. Clause (c) relating to applications for certificates under Act 27 of 1860 was rep. by Act 7 of 1889.
4. See now the Indian Succession Act, 1925 (39 of 1925). In Bengal and Assam, this cl. has been formally amended by Ben. Act 19 of 1935 and Assani Act 6 of 1935, respectively.
5. See now the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (Act 5 of 1908), Sch. III. This cl. has been omitted in Bengal by Ben. Act 19 of 1935 and formally amended in Assam by Assam Act 6 of 1935.
6. Ss. 24 and 25 do not apply to Honorary Munsifs and Benches in the U.P.; see the U.P. Honorary Munsifs Act, 1896 (U.P. 2 of 1896), s. 13.