20. Dissolution and transfer of property of the Hindu University Society.-
(1) From the commencement of this Act, the Hindu University Society shall be dissolved, and all property, movable and immovable, and all rights, powers, and privileges of the Hindu University Society which, immediately before the commencement of this Act, belonged to, or were vested in, the said Society, shall vest in the University, and shall be applied to the objects and purposes for which the University is incorporated.
(2) From the commencement of this Act, all debts and liabilities of the said Society shall be transferred and attached to the University, and shall thereafter be discharged and satisfied by the University.
(3) Any will, deed or other document, whether made or executed before or after the commencement of this Act, which contains any bequest, gift or trust in favour of the Central Hindu College or the said Society shall, on the commencement of this Act, be construed as if the University were therein named, instead of the said College or Society
1. Added by Act 52 of 1966, s. 20, (w.e.f. 31-12-1966). Earlier it was omitted by Act 34 of 1958, s. 6.
2. Subs. by Act 34 of 1969, s. 6, for "Court" (w.e.f. 5-9-1969).
3. Ins. by Act 4 of 2005, s. 2 and the Schedule (w.e.f. 11-1-2005).
4. Subs. by Act 52 of 1966, s. 21, for section 19A (w.e.f. 31-12-1966).