19. Power to make Regulations.-
(1) The authorities of the University may make Regulations consistent with this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances-
(a) laying down the procedure to be observed at their meetings and the number of members required to form a quorum;
(b) providing for all matters which by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances are to be prescribed by Regulations, and
(c) providing for all matters solely concerning such authorities or committees appointed by them and not provided for by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances.
(2) Every authority of the University shall make Regulations providing for the giving of notice to the members of such authority of the dates of meetings and of the business to be considered at meetings and for the keeping of a record of the proceedings of meetings.
(3) The Executive Council may direct the amendment, in such manner as it may specify, of any Regulation made under this section or the annulment of any such Regulation: 1[Provided that any authority of the University which is dissatisfied with any such direction may, within two months of the date of such direction, appeal to the 2[Visitor] whose decision thereon shall be final.]
3[(4) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(5) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation or both Houses agree that the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation should not be made, the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute, Ordinance or Regulation.]
1. Ins. by Act 52 of 1966, s. 19 (w.e.f. 31-12-1966).
2. Subs. by s. 19, ibid., for the proviso (w.e.f. 31-12-1966).
3. Subs. by Act 34 of 1969, s. 10, for sub-sections (5), (6), (7) and (8) (w.e.f. 5-9-1969).